Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tonight's Writing Club

The prompt was to write a poem starting with the first line of an actual poem...

Sam I am
Sam I am?
Am I Sam?
That Sam I am…
Who’s Sam I am…
You’re Sam I am?
Is that his name—
SAM-I-AM?
If so, what a creepy name!
And yet, somehow, it got its fame
To name a kid that, is that your aim?
If so, that’s lame
Sam I am, I am, I am.
“Would you eat them in a box?
Would you eat them with a fox?”
Who’s this fox?
Where is this box?
Are there fun socks?
Such answers have yet to be attained.
What if this poor fox was stolen
From a neighbor whose throat was swollen
Stolen fox; swollen, swollen…
But this isn’t Seth, so never mind
I’m actually running out of time
Two minutes left, that’s all I have
That’s all I have, have, have, have, have
Nothing rhymes with have, so I’m done.
That Sam I Am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bahahaha, Dr. Suess is in mine too!

Audrey Grisham said...

i must say that was an enjoyable poem... and really entertaining.