Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Escape from Whatever was Trying to Murder Us

Last night, I dreamt of a tornado. I dreamt that it was warmer outside than usual for this time of the year, so we had to call off the meteor shower, because of how bad the tornado/winds were, but the next day, we were playing in a park and the sun was setting, but it wasn't down yet, and the sky was still pretty blue, and we could see a few stars, and then we saw some meteors, even though it was only 5:00 or 6:00 at night.

For those of you whose name rhymes with Sean and couldn't be here on our adventure, or just in case there's anybody who somewhat cares about our day (but probably the former), tonight was the night of the big meteor shower. And it went like this:

We began by spending most of the day watching a show about people who get murdered in every episode-- sometimes more than once (and yes, that is possible in a show like Tru Calling-- I actually wanted to name, if I ever had a daughter, Tru, before I knew this show even existed-- how creepy is that...). And we watched it in the ghetto that is the location of my mom's house. So that was fun. Then, when it got dark enough, and when someone whose birthday is today got off of work, we all put on three layers of shirts and three pants so we'd be prepared physically to brace the extremes in weather. Did you know it's really hard to put on three pairs of pants? The first two ride up when you put the first one on, and the third one doesn't want to got over your hips. But miraculously, it was accomplished, and we all head out into the wilderness to brave the creatures of the night. Since we outvoted Audrey last time when we went stargazing at... our secret location... that's completely and totally encompassed with nothing but thick trees and woodland creatures-- we decided to go to Ross Ade Park and creep ourselves out and get eaten by coyotes. But I'd rather get eaten by coyotes than eaten by snakes. Anyway, yes, it was raining-- raining ice, actually, but we held onto the hope that since it was someone's birthday, and since it was supposed to be one of the most awesome meteor showers ever this year, we could go meteor shower searching, like we went star searching that one time. So, we finally, after driving through the creepy twisted woodland back roads, where I swear the deer were just waiting for us to approach them, we got to the place of our destination. We went there for the last meteor shower. We spent over an hour there at that meteor shower. I really don't remember a house ever being there. But there's this HUGE house that's lit up in a way I can only describe as having a huge spotlight RIGHT on it, as if trying to get Tokyo's attention or something. And they could probably see it, too. When I saw it, I got this spooky feeling, even though all I saw was a house in the middle of nowhere-- probably because it was a house in the middle of nowhere, and I don't remember there being a huge gigantic white house in the middle of nowhere the last time we parked 100 feet away from it. I'm sure it was there before, but none of us recognized it, and all of the sudden, I heard people in the car scream. "Let's go! Can we just forget this whole thing? AH!" And then the words that really worried me: Audrey herself saying, "I vote we go to ________ (our secret location she was dead set against). " When Audrey changes her mind about something like that, you know it's time to leave. "That house had a crucifix on it!" they said. "It looked like someone was right there waiting to kill us". I seriously don't remember that house, but there was a rope blocking off anything further, so we turned around and ran away screaming. It was actually fun. But then we went to ________ (insert secret location here), and waited a whole 5 minutes before we decided the ice that's raining down on us will probably make it impossible to even search for meteors. Too bad! But it was still fun, and it made people scream, and I'm pretty sure Morgan was about to throw up, so it was a good night. If I go back to that place, and the house isn't there, though, I'll NEVER go back to that park again. Seriously, how did I not realize there was a house right there... maybe the same way I can't figure out who Mui has a crush on...

No comments: