I'm pretty sure that I could hybernate all winter. Yesterday after church, I went to sleep from 4:30-8:30. I thought I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep until 3 or 4, but 1:00 AM comes around, and I was tired again, so I turned off my lights, and the next thing I knew, it was 7:30. And I completely ignored the fact that I was awake and went back to sleep. My alarm is set to go off at 8:00 every day, and it did, but I ignored even that, and went back to sleep. The next thing I knew, it was 10:30, and I thought, "I'll just go back to sleep until 11:00." 11:30 came around, and I said, "Wow, it's cold outside, and I'm warm under my covers- why not sleep forever." But alas, I actually have to do something today-- the one and only thing I actual HAVE to do-- mail my books back to wherever they came from so they don't charge me more rent. I'll be so glad to get rid of those books (We only used one of them for my class on a daily basis, so next semester, I won't buy books until I know I need them). I was going to do it on Saturday, but the UPS place isn't open then. Isn't that creepy?! I thought they were like, "Rain or shine..." But maybe that's the army. Anyway, if people had no where they had to be-- if they had nothing they had to do, I'm pretty sure we would sleep all winter. I think we're very capable of it. Yesterday reached a -17 high during the day with the windchill, and I looked outside, and it was snowing horizontally (which is this way ----) because of the wind, and I thought, "I'm SO glad I'm not homeless right now!" I actually have been homeless before, but only for four days. It's creepy how weird it feels when you don't have a place to go but your mom's car. I left my car unlocked for the sole purpose that if any homeless crazy person wanted to get inside my car to be warmer they could-- that's how cold it was! And I hate the cold, and my body REALLY hates the cold, and it's usually around this time of year that it's harder to move, so I think my bones are trying to shut my body down as long as it can so I don't go out to the cold. But I imagine everyone gets more tired in the winter, because maybe we're supposed to hybernate! Why can't we carry blankets with us everywhere we go? We probably can. Maybe I should. It's so weird not having to be anywhere-- not having anything to do. Like, incredibly weird. I've had a few weeks off before-- the first week you hate it and can't wait to have a schedule again. The second week you don't want to go back to having something to do. I can't believe that Christmas is only a few days away! Where did this month go... Anyway, I should go do the one thing that I have to do, since I have to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment