Monday and Tuesday, I watched my sister and brother-in-law's dog creature. It was decently nice outside, so I took her to the Battlefield. I found out she LOVES the water and tried to chew her leash off when I was pulling her away. On Tuesday, there was a woman there with a dog that wasn't on a leash. Her dog came running up to the one I was watching, and she said, "Watch out-- she's a fighter!" A mini-fight ensued, and afterwards, the owner of the other dog followed up with the question, "Which way's East?" I can't even find my way home from Walmart, so I told her that regretably, I had no idea. I couldn't care less which direction what is, and I think if left and right can be relative, directions are relative, too. She then asked where I was from, and I got to, for the first time in 10 years, introduce myself as a Battle Groundian. She then said, "I'm from Wisconsin." "Cool." "Yeah, I'm here touring..." "Oh," my mind thought, "so, she's ACTUALLY from a different state!" Being in a college town, I'm so used to people saying where they're from as a "this is where I was raised, but I now reside in Lafayette" thing. I couldn't believe people actually came from afar to visit places like Battle Ground! It was exciting, especially since my friends were there, so they got to answer their first questions as honorary natives. She then said, "I think it's horrible what we did to the Native Americans here-- just horrible!" I agreed and told her from the monuments and plaques honoring "the heroes" who fought on the American side it appeared that people around here were in favor of the people who killed thousands of people to steal their land, but in reality, it was quite opposite. She asked if there were still Native Americans around here, and I told her there weren't. I should have had fun with her and said something like, "Actually, I am descended from the Native Americans who fought in this battle... my great, great, great grandfather is buried in this land, which is why I walk here so often," but I can't lie, so I didn't. It was still a lot of fun to be a tour guide, though!

Friday(?) there was a prank on campus. Someone saw a white SUV pull up to a bus stop and force someone waiting there into a car. They called the police, who alerted all of Purdue. That means my friends and I went into amateur Kidnapper Hunting. We looked at every white SUV that passed by our way and tried to see if they were shady looking people. We only found one that almost matched the discription, but we found out that it was all a prank, and our job ended. It's okay, though-- because we're Kidnapper Hunters!
A friend of mine went to work with me on my overnight shift at the Crisis Center. I was very appreciative of that, because I'm normally scared to death there alone, and with two people, it's not scary at all! We watched an entire disk of psych. It was a productive night:)

I also learned a lot of useless trivia, such as the guy who plays Shawn and the girl who plays Jules are dating in real life, the guy who plays Gus is married, and the guy who plays Shawn's dad is married to a British lady.
Oh, and my vegetable seeds are still growing...
No comments:
Post a Comment