Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools, writing night

Here Without You, Revised for Crayola
~ A beautiful song completely butchered

19 years have made me older
Since the last time that I saw your specific shade
A thousand lies have made me colder
And I don't think I can look at this the same
Because you were once "Orange Red"
And now they call you by some other creepy name

I'm here without you, Orange Red
But you're still in my subconscious mind
I think about you, Orange Red
Though I can't ever see you, for all time
I'm here without you, Orange Red
But you're still with me through other means
Because now, they call you "Vivid Tangerine"

The name just annoys me
As the children ask me to pass it, they don't know
I don't think I'll ever get used to hearing it
But I hope that it gets better as we go
Oh yeah, yeah

I'm here without you, Orange Red
But you're still in my hopes, with time
I think they might reintroduce you, Orange Red
Yes, I dream about that all the time
I'm here without you, Orange Red!
If I could only see you in my dreams
But they discontinued you and went to new extremes

Everything I know, no matter where I go
You won't be there, you won't ever be heard of
And when my memory fades, when I get Alzheimer's disease
It'll be hard, but it won't take away my love!

Oh yeah, yeah, yeah

I'm here without you, Orange Red
All I have now is this rhyme
19 years have passed now
And I have been bitter all this time
I'm here without you, Orange Red
But you're still with me through other means
But WHY DID THEY HAVE TO RENAME YOU "VIVID TANGERINE"?!!!

* Orange Red was created in 1949. In 1990 it was replaced with "Vivid Tangerine"

No comments: